How to Improve Eyesight Naturally?
Eyesight is one of important senses in human beings and a tragedy to lose. However, the way we use our eyes such as reading on bright sunlight, staying glued on our computer or television screen for long hours, etc. cause eye fatigue and tension. This, combine with other conditions such as presbyopia, macular degeneration, glaucoma, pterygium, cataract among many other age related conditions accelerates the degeneration of our eyesight. If ignored, they will require expensive medical treatments some of which might not restore your eyesight fully or force you to use prescribe reading glasses and contact lenses. However, instead of waiting to lose your eyesight completely, there are simple, practical and effective natural ways to improve your vision, which can be adopted by everyone. So, how do you improve vision naturally?
Eat Sight Improving Diets
The first way to improve vision naturally is eating foods that promote better eyesight daily. There are many foods, which have the right nutrients, which will improve our eyesight. Ensure you not only have these foods but also have them in their right proportion if you want to benefit from improved eyesight. Some of the highly recommended foods that will improve your vision naturally include the following:
- Foods rich in Vitamins A, C and E as well as zinc and copper such as carrots, squash, citrus, kiwis, cheese, cantaloupe, milk, spinach, papaya, oranges, cranberries, wheat germ, olive, vegetable oils among many others.
- Foods rich in antioxidants that will neutralize free radicals generated in our bodies that often cause aging such as beta-carotene, zeaxanthin and lutein will reduce macular degeneration by protecting your macula from damaging sunrays. You can get all these antioxidant rich foods in leafy dark green vegetables pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots, pepper, egg yolk, etc. dark green and yellow vegetables has been found to effectively improve vision and keep age related conditions that cause blindness at bay.
- Foods rich in Anthocyanin (antioxidant flavonoids) such as grapes, goji berries and blueberries have not only antioxidant but also protect your body from inflammations thereby improving your vision.
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) or omega 3 rich foods do help in naturally improving and boost eye vision since they strengthen the cell membranes and structural cell support. Some sources of the DHA include mackerel, krill, sardines, salmon, cod and other fish found in pure fresh water. You can also supplement your diet with high quality and pure fish oil.
- Include foods such as garlic, shallots, capers and onions in your diet since they contain lecithin, sulfur and cysteine that prevent cataract from forming.
- Ensure your body has enough water to avoid dehydration, which can cause dry eyes. Water is also beneficial to your whole body. It is recommended to take up to 8 glasses of pure and clean water daily.
Eyesight Improving Exercises
Other than eyesight improving diets, you need to exercise your eyes since these exercises have been found to improve vision naturally. Furthermore, these exercises will prevent eye floaters and they should be done when you wake up, go to bed and whenever you feel your eyes are so fatigued. They need your commitment if they are to work as well as proper hygiene such as clean hands and within a month or so, you will see bursting results. Useful exercise you can do include the following:
- Focusing exercises – while holding a pen at arm length away with your eyes focused on it, slowly move it closer to your eyes while still focusing on it until you are about 6” from your nose before slowly moving it away again. You need to ensure you fully focus and repeat this exercise at least 10 times for each session.
- Eye rolling – while looking up, start rolling your eyes in a clockwise direction ten times before you can roll them in anticlockwise direction for ten times too.
- Eye warning – Warn your palms by rubbing together and placing them on your eyelids for five seconds and repeat thrice each time you do this exercise.
- Temple Massage – Ensure you massage your temple with your thumb knuckles both in both directions 20 times in small circular motions. You should also message on either sides of your nose bridges and eyebrow midpoints on your forehead.
- Mini-naps – having mini naps with your head backwards, eye closed and relaxing for about 3 minutes can be very helpful too.
While doing eye exercises, ensure you focus on the main six muscles that are involved in eye movement, which are the lateral, medial, superior and inferior rectus as well as the superior and inferior oblique.
Have Adequate Rest
After a long day straining your eyes, they deserve to rest, so does your body. This is a perfect way to improve vision naturally. Ensure you have adequate rest, at least 8 hours of sleep, since it is important for your not only eyesight but also general health. As you sleep, your eyes will have time to rest fully, recover and repair. People who have inadequate sleep often have a weaker vision.
Take Eye Breaks
Going on with the ways on how to improve eyesight naturally, you need to rest your eyes for about 10 minutes after about 50 minutes of reading, watching TV or even using your computer. While you take a break, you need close your eyes, cup them with your hands, and ensure no light reaches them. This will help in warming your eyes too, if your palms are warm. This relaxation technique can help improve vision naturally. Whenever you feel your eyes are tired, placing cold sliced cucumber on your eyelids will be very helpful.
Poor eyesight can be because of a number of environmental factors such as such as swimming pools that are heavily chlorinated, extremely bright light conditions, computer or televisions, constantly rubbing your eyes, reading in poorly lit rooms and poor air conditions (heating and conditioning). Furthermore, cigarettes have been known to increase someone’s optic pressure and can affect eyesight. Ensure you check all these environmental factors and ensure they do not affect your vision.
Now you know how to improve vision naturally, at least some of the ways. However, following all the important ways discussed above will really help keep your eyesight at its best. However, you need to remain consistent in your routines to improve vision naturally as well as keep up with recommended diet. Whenever you cannot find the required diet, get good quality supplements. There is no better way to prevent eyesight loss and poor vision other than naturally improving them and preventing the age related eyesight loss conditions.